Visit to the Douro (2 days / 1 night)
365€ per person
• Pick-up at the Porto hotel at 9:00.
• On this private full day tour, our driver / guide will pick you up at your hotel and will show you one of the oldest demarcated wine regions in the world. The Douro Valley is an excellent example of a traditional wine region, mainly associated with its fortified Port Wine and, more recently, its incredible table wines. It is marked by two great schist mountains that protect it from the Atlantic winds and the superb Douro River and its tributaries create a scene of rugged beauty with terraces full of red and white grape vines.
• Here you will admire stunning landscapes and taste the typical and delicious wines.
• We suggest Amarante as our first stop. This beautiful city is immaculately located along the banks of the Tâmega River. Enjoy the incredible bridge, the Church of São Gonçalo and its beautiful streets. Then we will proceed to Peso da Régua, the center of this beautiful region.
• Stop at Quinta da Avessada to visit, try and lunch.
• In the afternoon, enjoy an hour of cruising in Pinhão, and explore its wonderful Railway Station, probably the most beautiful station in the country. The exterior walls are decorated with panels of tiles, depicting the theme of the Wine Port.
• Night in hotel 4 * and Dinner at the hotel in the region.
• Next day - Pick-up at the Hotel Régua / Pinhão at 9 am.
• We will visit another famous winery, many secrets, history and exceptional wines.
• Return to Porto at lunch time.